[LCC] LCC Officers for 2018

Mark Ketchell k5er at k5er.com
Wed Sep 20 00:02:13 CDT 2017

Hello fellow club members,
      It is once again time for electing officers for the new year.
At our Shreveport meeting, we opened nominations and the following
were nominated:
President - Scott, W5WZ
Vice Pres - Bobby, WM5H
Sec/Treas - Mark, K5ER
Director - Jim, W5LA
Director - Ted, KN5O

      Verbal instructions were given at the meeting and minutes of
the August meeting were posted on Aug 12, directing members to a
clickable link on the club's web site for members to nominate any
additional members to stand for election. Although we left the
nomination window open for a longer than usual length of time, we
still have not received any additional nominees, or heard from anyone
expressing an interest in an officer's position.

      Typically about 10-12 days prior to our voting meeting, we have
our web-master to change the link from "nominations" to a list those
nominated, to allow voting. The "standard" procedure is to allow a
window for voting online, and those results are tallied and brought
to the last club meeting of the year (Alexandria) where they are
combined with live votes at the meeting. Unfortunately, I was out
sick about the time to make the web-site change-over, but I'm not
sure it would have made a difference.

      Article 2, Section 3 of our Constitution states, "Nominations
may also be made known to the President through email, postal mail,
telephone, or other means of communications prior to the Election
meeting." Currently we have only one valid nominee for each position,
and have received no further nominations. With only 3 days until the
meeting, unless any other nominations are received by email to
"nominations at louisianacontestclub.org", there will only be those
listed above to be voted on.

      Our Constitution also states, "The officers of this club shall
be elected by receiving the most votes, represented in person or by
email representation, at the (Fourth Quarter) election meeting." So,
even with no more nominations, there must be a vote selecting from
the list of those nominated.

      Therefore, those NOT planning on attending this weekend's
meeting may place their vote to select the nominees listed above by
sending an email to ballots at louisianacontestclub.org . Those planning
to attend may vote in person. At the time of this email, I do not
have a schedule showing our meeting time. I will contact the sponsor
and send another email as soon as I find out. Look forward to seeing you there.

Travel safe and 73,
Mark, K5ER
Sec/Treas, LCC

---