[LCC] Summer is here and it's Ham Fest time....

Marsh Stewart marsh at ka5m.net
Sat Jun 20 09:02:34 CDT 2015

I'm thinking your first permanent antenna system at Area 57 should be a 120
foot Rohn 55 tower with 5-element 20 M monobanders at 40, 80, and 120 feet -
all individually rotatable and all selectable in any combination.

Then you can move on to your 210 foot tower with 40M monobanders at 105 and
210 feet - both individually rotatable and both selectable in any
combination.

Of course you'll also need at least one full-size 4-square on 80M. But to
really set your station apart, a 160M full-size 4-square would be "nice".
Let's see 4 (verticals) X 128 (radials per vertical) X 135 feet (length of
each radial) = 69,120 feet of #16 radial wire - hey that's only a little
over 13 miles. Might take a while to get all of those radials laid down.

Marsh, KA5M

  _____