[LCC] Were the High bands any good for you guys, in NAQSOP SSB ?

Don AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 18 08:56:00 CDT 2014

I operated the SARTG RTTY Contest this weekend and 15 meters was good to EU and the band appeared long on Saturday with very little USA worked. It was better to USA on Sunday.

I called CQ endlessly for a couple hours on 10 meters with the 2nd radio. The only station I worked on 10 was a station in Ohio that I moved from 15. I heard him fine but he had  problems hearing my 500 watts. So I'd say ten was not so good at all from here.

Get used to it as we are going into the lower part of the cycle. We still might get some ten meter openings this fall and winter but I would expect ten to be leaving us soon.

73, Don AA5AU

But I am wondering if it mattered that much