[LCC] LCC email reflector info

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Mon Jul 22 13:02:28 CDT 2013

Hi Guys,
	I need to let you know of an issue with our Louisiana Contest Club email
reflector. The idea of a reflector is so you can send one message and
everyone subscribed to the reflector gets a copy. Once in a while, the
software decides something about a message is "different" and sets it aside
for intervention. As reflector administrator, I have to log on and
individually approve , defer or reject each message that the software
bounces. Lately, we have had several messages that have had 8, 10 or more
addresses in the "to:" column. I don't know what the magic number is, but
once you pass it, as far as the software is concerned, it appears as
possible spam, and generates a message to me with the following
instruction: "Please trim the recipient list; it is too long."

	So, if we ALL sign up on the reflector, then there is no need to list each
and every recipient in the "TO:' field of your message. Simply send it to
the reflector (lcc at louisianacontestclub.org) and everyone should get it.
"What if they are not signed up?", you might ask. We have been pretty lax
about club membership requirements, and have allowed anyone interested to
join the reflector (for free). Naturally, we would LIKE to have as many
people join the LCC as possible, (only $20 /year) to help support things
such as our web site, email reflector, and the plaques we sponsor. Team
formation, results, hints & kinks and more can be found on the reflector,
so its a great resource. I would think that EVERY club member would want to
be on the list, to participate in discussions about what we have in common
- radio contesting.

	If you are getting this, you are already on the list, but you can
recommend others to join as well. Its is quick and easy, and can be done
here: