[LCC] NAQP RTTY K5ER

Scott Dickson, W5WZ w5wz at w5wz.com
Mon Jul 22 06:39:28 CDT 2013

Mark,

I am sorry that you had so much trouble (uhh, I mean fun) in the contest.
Your experience clearly points out one more reason to get in the shack and
make casual QSOs more often (to give Murphy more opportunities to unleash
his mischief).  If you do so, you increase the amount of time things can
break, and if you play the odds, Murphy will be more like to strike at a
non-critical time, like during your casual operating.

In fact, I once read a study done at the Top of High Mountain University
about this subject.  A scientist with a B.S. degree in Guru wrote it.  It
was titled "Murphy's Law Theories, P.F.T.A".  You should search for it.  You
stand to learn a lot.

--73,

--Scott

P.S.  Good job, even with all the excuses!

P.P.S.  Feel the love!

  _____