[LCC] ARRL 10 KN5O SO CW HP

Ted Saba kn5o at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 16 15:07:39 CST 2013

All:

Here is my 3830 post.  Thanks to many of the LCC members who called in.

73, Merry Christmas

Ted KN5O

                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KN5O
Operator(s): KN5O
Station: KN5O

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Covington, LA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

    CW:  930   107
   SSB:
-------------------
Total:  930   107  Total Score = 398,040

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

This pretty much sums it up for me.. Getting called by K7FU and then N2MF right
after that.  What are the odds?

This is my favorite contest of them all.  But I had no chance this year.  Too
many commitments this weekend to make any kind of serious attempt.  When I
finally got rolling on Saturday for about 4 hours in the am, ran 4 consecutive
100 hrs.. Left for two hours and resumed Saturday pm for another 4 hours, this
time with NW antenna and ran apx 4 more 100 hours.  Had 830 in the log after 8
hours.  Could only muster another 2 hours on late Sunday afternoon and banked
only 100 Qs.

Didn't bother to S&P since I was time limited, but am happy with what I
got.  My biggest surprise was being called by SJ2W during my JA run at about
0000z Saturday evening. And he was loud.  Initially I figured it was HJ2W,
because TEP made sense.. But it was SJ2W.  Not sure how that path happened..

Thanks to all and especially the JAs out there.. You made up nearly 25% of my
Q's.  Had a black hole north of Oklahoma (Kansas, Nebraska, South and North
Dakota).  Also missed DE and incredibly CO.  And for a first time, no XEs.

Yep, K7FU and N2MF had it right.

73 & Happy holidays everyone..
Ted KN5O

Yaesu MK-V Field, Alpha 8410, Hy-Gain LJ-105 @ 73', KLM KT34XA @70', N1MM