[LCC] ARRL 10 XE3/K5ENS SO SSB LP

Keith Ennis keith at kathyandkeith.mx
Mon Dec 16 12:23:36 CST 2013

CALLSIGN: XE3/K5ENS
CLUB: LOUISIANA CONTEST CLUB
CONTEST: ARRL-10
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: NON-ASSISTED
CATEGORY-BAND: ALL
CATEGORY-MODE: SSB
CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
OPERATORS: XE3/K5ENS
NAME: KEITH ENNIS
ADDRESS: CALLE PUNTA ARENA #99
ADDRESS-CITY: ISLA MUJERES
ADDRESS-STATE-PROVINCE: Q ROO
ADDRESS-POSTALCODE: 77400
ADDRESS-COUNTRY: MEXICO
CREATED-BY: N1MM Logger V13.10.1

Band    QSOs    Pts  Mul
    28    1808    3616  128
Total    1808    3616  128
                               Score: 462,848

It didn't start off very well on Friday night.  I had only made 57 QSO's in the first 5 hrs.
So I went to bed early.  The band opened up around 12:00z Saturday to Europe and
stayed open until I had to stop for a Christmas party late that afternoon.  By the time
I got home the band was empty again.  I got up in time Sunday to see the band opening
again and worked until about an hour before the contest was over.  I ended up with
about 23.5 hours in the chair.

It is nice to start seeing some of the contest stations picking up my call without repeating
several times and even better when many stations said that they had been looking for me.

I still have some learning to do with N1MM and I needed another 10 meter antenna but for
what I have I am pleased with my score.

73,  Keith XE3/K5ENS