[LCC] Finally, I'm on RTTY!

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 25 22:19:59 CDT 2012

I can't answer your question about breaking out FSK from a parallel port because I've never done it. But I'll get back to that.

I run WriteLog and have never set up N1MM to run SO2R, but yes you can run SO2R on one PC (with WL you can run SO4R on one PC). You
will need 2 COM ports for FSK, one for each radio, unless you can figure out how to do it from the parallel port and use switching
from the DX Doubler but that all seems too complicated. I run SO3R RTTY now, SO2R on one PC (desktop) and SO1R on a separate
networked PC (laptop). You can add USB-to-serial port adapters to the PC (I use a Siig 4-port USB adapter on the laptop) or if it's
a desktop with spare PCI or PCI Express slots, add a multiple serial port card (this is what I have in my desktop PC). I have six
COM ports on the desktop PC.

For receive, you can use left/right channel of a single stereo soundcard for decoding left/right radio receive, however I don't like
doing it this way. Instead, I added an inexpensive USB sound card to my desktop and use it for the second radio (I use an Encore
ENMAP-8CM found on newegg.com - actually have two of them). If you choose to use left/right channels of a single stereo sound card,
tip is left channel, ring is right channel and sleeve is common.

Yes, you run two separate instances of MMTTY. Install MMTTY in two separate directories on your hard drive.

73, Don AA5AU