[LCC] LCC meeting at Slidell Hamfest, 7-21-12

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Fri Jul 13 16:50:14 CDT 2012

         Hopefully, everybody will be on the radio this weekend for IARU,
but mark the calendar for NEXT weekend as well. There will be a LCC club
meeting at the Slidell Hamfest on July 21st. We have the 1 PM time slot.
Location is same as last year, John Slidell Park Gymnasium, 105 Robert
Blvd, Slidell, La.

         It is time to once again open nominations for club officers.
Sadly, when we tried last year, we had nominations for a couple of
in-active members, and even had a nomination for someone who wasn't even a
club member. I know this isn't as interesting as running a contest, but we
do need someone to take care of the business of running the club. For a
list of current members, go to
http://www.louisianacontestclub.org/members.htm  then log in (user and
password is right there). Before nominating someone, please think about
their level of participation, both in the hobby and in previous club
meetings and activities. Consider giving them a call or an email and see if
they are interested and WILLING to serve and preferably attend meetings if
nominated (only 4 meetings a year).

         As a charter member, I have served as president of the LCC since
its inception and have enjoyed the opportunity to serve, but its time for
someone else to step up and lead the club. For the record, your current
officers are:
Mark, K5ER, President
Charlie, KI5XP, Vice President
Scott, W5WZ, Sec/Treas
Marsh, KA5M, Director
Ted, KN5O, Director
not officially a board member, but a valuable resource - Roland, NA5Q,
Webmaster

         At the Slidell meeting, we'll discuss electronic nominations and
voting procedures. Elections will occur at our final meeting of the year,
at the Pineville hamfest in October.

         Please consider attending the meeting and supporting the club on
July 21st.

President, LCC