[LCC] The CQ WW VHF Contest....

Marshall-K5QE k5qe at k5qe.com
Fri Jul 13 18:18:58 CDT 2012

Hello to everyone.....

I have two things....

1)Next weekend is the CQ WW VHF contest...1PM Sat to 4PM Sunday. This
contest is 6M and 2M only, so it is an easy contest to run. IF we get
some decent propagation on 6M, it can be like 20M, and some really good
runs can occur.  I would think that any LA station that put in a good
effort might well win for LA.  Ted-KN5O has a good 6M station(I am not
sure what he has for 2M), so a club effort from his station might put
another win in the LCC ledgers....notice how handily I "volunteered" his
station....sorry about that Ted.  Right now, it does not look like Ted
has anything for 2M.....we are going to have to do something about
that.....HI.

I would really appreciate everyone in LCC giving me a contact on 6M and
2M too(if possible).  If you don't have an antenna for 6M, just run it
into your 75M dipole, we will still work you.  All contacts gratefully
appreciated.  We normally hang out at 50.133MHz or 50.125MHz on 6M and
144.200MHz for 2M.

2)In the list of members, my old email is still listed.  That email is
long gone......my current email is k5qe at k5qe.com.  TO: whoever keeps the
member list:  please make that change.  Thanks.

Obviously, I cannot attend the club meeting in Slidell, but I wish
everyone the best....

73 Marshall K5QE
Your VHF contesting member....