[LCC] misc. contesting ramblings....

Dan Edward Dba East edwards dan.n.edwards at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 25 10:23:46 EDT 2011

musings...

bob cox, K3EST, has been a judge-jury-executioner for CQWW for years, and he usually participates...the issue is, i think, is a referee allowed to be on a team?? this is ' fair ' ?? this has gone on for a long time, but nothing ever changes.... so, it appears the issue is moot....' yes, the referees CAN be on a team... ( ??? )

i was looking at the rules for the DARC WAE contest. interesting they make NO distinction between 'assisted' and 'un-assisted' single op entries...curious, to me anyway...so, you're not cheating if you're not breaking the rules...nearly every one has access to cluster spots, and on cw, cw-skimmer....personally, I think its a GREAT idea....'get up to speed, or your score will be crummy..take it or  leave it....'

last, is everybody aware of the harsh penalties for logging / typing errors in CQWW? you mis-log ONE callsign, you lose the QSO and THREE more !! work 4 stations, miss one letter of one call, your score is zero !! my attempt at the record for W5 on ssb, CQWW, was crushed. A 95% accurate log, with the exhaustive log checking now in place, knocked my score by TWENTY percent....my error log showed i missed most calls by ONE stinking letter.......sheesh....I am pretty sure the logs in 1988 were not scrutinized as closely...

looking forward to better low band propagation, w5xz, dan