[LCC] www.getscores.org

Scott Dickson, W5WZ w5wz at w5wz.com
Mon Nov 22 15:04:15 EST 2010

During Sweeps, and also CQ WW SSB, I've been posting my scores and band
summary to www.getscores.org.  I also noticed that KG5VK did as well for SS
SSB.

I am a proponent of doing this.  To me, it enhances the competitive spirit.
Since I often can't see or hear my closest competitor, this provides a way
to allow me to "see" my opponent, and somehow gives me the adrenaline boost
to go to the next gear.

If you've not posted near-realtime scores before, I encourage you to give it
a try.  Your logging computer will have to have Internet connectivity.  You
can set the posting interval.  And, you can watch the updates in a web
browser to see your opponent.

To those running N1MM Logger, it is simple to activate:
Go to CONFIG, then CONFIGURE PORTS, TELNET ADDRESS, OTHER
Now click the OTHER tab.
Put a check in the box START CONTEST REPORTING APPLICATION.
Click OK

Instructions for Writelog, TRlog, and Wintest are on the getscores.org
website.

Manual posting options exist, and a universal automatic script for other
logging programs are also provided.

--Scott, W5WZ