[LCC] The demise of Ham-Com

w5wz at w5wz.com w5wz at w5wz.com
Wed Dec 23 09:48:43 CST 2020

It is with a heavy heart that I write this letter about the future of
Ham-Com. After 41 years, Ham-Com has decided to close its doors in lieu
of the restrictions in place for COVID-19 and the rising costs of
putting on a show. The decision was not made lightly, but the safety and
wellness of our volunteers, vendors, clubs, presenters, and attendees is
our paramount concern.

We sincerely thank each and every person for their support over the past
years. This starts with clubs who have participated in offering forums,
transmitter sessions, VE sessions, talk-ins, and many more things
through the years. Next, to the commercial and flea market vendors who
have helped new hams get their first radio to established hams who are
building the ultimate ham shack, we thank you for returning year over
year. To the volunteer staff, functional directors, and access control,
your dedication and hard work have contributed to the continued success
of the show for 41 years. Finally, to our attendees. Without you, there
is no show. Over 41 years, we have met a variety of people with one
common passion, amateur radio. Ham-Com is proud to contribute to
bringing people together to enjoy this passion. We will definitely miss
this gathering of the broader community.
Our thoughts and best wishes to you and your families and “see you
on-the-air”.

73
Bill Nelson
President of Ham-Com Inc