[LCC] Seeking operators for NAQP SSB

Marsh KA5M marsh at ka5m.net
Fri Jan 11 10:00:12 CST 2019

Hi Scott,

I'm curious about something - just wondering.

>From the latest 2019 Rules http://www.ncjweb.com/NAQP-Rules.pdf

b) Multioperator Two-Transmitter (M2):
iii) A maximum of two transmitted signals at any given time, each on a
different band. Both transmitters may work any and all stations.

I read that as it is okay to have a maximum of two (2) transmitted signals
at the same time - no need for a "lockout". But the next part says to me
that the transmitted signals must be on different bands. (Surely a contest
station could NOT be running AND S&P for mults on the same band and transmit
at the same time). But, with no lockout needed,  a contest station could run
on 2 bands or run on one band and S&P for mults on a different band and both
transmit at the same time.

Just my opinion: a lockout can be frustrating - as an example when the run
station is trying to get a fill on an exchange, and the S&P station is
trying to work a new mult - both at the same time.

Any comments would be welcome.

Marsh, KA5M