[LCC] FT-1000MP - LCD Bargraph Meter

w5wz at w5wz.com w5wz at w5wz.com
Mon Sep 3 16:52:38 CDT 2018

Today, I turned on one of my FT-1000MP.  The LCD Bargraph meter Tuning
Scale (page 15 of the manual),  is doing something I've never seen
before.

the "NG" of TUNING, and just below it the "EAR" of LINEAR, along with
all the tuning bars to half (center) scale are illuminated.  It stays in
this state regardless of the mode or the display brightness as set by
menu 3-4.  The auto tuner is off (menu 8-8). The Band Data port is
connected by a TopTen cable to a TopTen Band Decoder.  The linear
amplifier relay switch (rear panel #21) is ON.

The band decoder is properly tracking band changes.  The LCD bargraph
remains lighted as described even if I unplug the band data cable from
the transceiver.

Anyone got any ideas?

--Scott, W5WZ