[LCC] DXing question - how to best set "spotted" alarms for needed entities

keith at kathyandkeith.mx keith at kathyandkeith.mx
Sun May 20 11:45:47 CDT 2018

Scott,

I have worked out a method using AClog with the DX spotting and filters
inside the program.

I have all of my contacts entered into AClog 6.2.  Then I set the
following options.

Check all 6 continentes on the main DX filter setting form and then go
to more filtering.

I set these options on this page.

Only display DX by stations that are located in: Check No Filter

Mode filtering: Check SSB (I am only interested in SSB spots.)  You
would check No Filter

Check any band(s) you don't need.  I check 2M.

Finally check: Block spots for DX entities where the entity has been
confirmed on both that band and mode. (CW and PH)

Click done.

Now on the main screen any spot that shows is a needed contact.  Alot of
these spots will be from other countries BUT at
least I know when a needed entity is on the air.  Works for me.

Keith, KV5J