[LCC] W5WZ NAQP JAN 2018

W5WZ w5wz at w5wz.com
Sun Jan 21 10:09:43 CST 2018

Thanks Marsh!

Bobby is a good teammate; we mix well for NAQP.

My youngest two daughters had an honor band concert at 1130; I didn't get into chair until 1337. Bobby had 173 QSOs in the log by then on 20m. I started on 15m, but it wasn't very productive; the stations there were loud, but only worked 39.

Bobby was smoking on 40 meters from around 4pm until the end of the contest.  He had some 100+ hours on 40 at the same time I was having 100+ hours on either 20 or 80.

I had hoped to have enough operators to interlock a pair of transmitters on the same band, one Run and one S&P. I think that could easily add 25 QSOs per hour to that band. That alone could add 300 QSOs to the total over 12 hours. Do that on both M/2 run bands, and it is conceivable to add 600 QSOs to the total.

Our Internet had been down several days after the snow/ice event, and finally came up around 9pm during the contest. So until then, we were unassisted. We didn't even know if/when we had been spotted.

It was a good time. The station performed flawlessly. Bobby always brings good food!!!  I'm proud of our effort and the current 3830 score apparent standing.

Sent from my iPhone

Scott Dickson, W5WZ