[LCC] ARRL International Grid Chase

Don AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 23 11:03:24 CST 2018

The International Grid Chase has been a motivation for me to be more active on the air this year. It's almost like a year-long contest. Contesters have the advantage because we make more contacts in contests and work the same stations each month (which is permitted in the Chase). My goal for the year is to place in the top 25. Right now I'm at 27. Eventually some of the DXpedition totals will fall off so I'm hoping to rise even more in the next couple of months. To get to where I am now I operated the ARRL RTTY Roundup, CQ WPX RTTY Contest and ARRL DX CW Contest. In between I have been active on FT8 using a program called JTAlerts which shows me new grids I need for each month. It's been a gas!
There is a leader board where you can keep track of everyone's totals and sort by various criteria such as Entity, State, CQ Zone, etc. If you want a challenge, try becoming more active and move yourself up the leader board. Below are the top stations in Louisiana as of right now. The leader board is updated several times during each day. The leader board can be found here:
https://igc.arrl.org/leader-board.php

Have fun!
Don AA5AU

| 27 | AA5AU | 625 | 2132 | 3383 |