[LCC] Is it time for the Louisiana Contest Club to spread it's wings

Steve Lott lottsphoto at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 11:15:08 CDT 2017

Wow !

Scott has given us great specific things to talk about
I think I can address items 6 b  and 7

item 7 " Understanding the VE7CC cluster filtering and optimizing the setup
(and changing it for various contests, dx chasing, etc.) "
I use VE7CC user software almost all the time
and modify it's filters between domestic and dx contesting, I also combine
the fed from that tool (Ve7CC user software) and my local cw skimmer (cw
skimmer software and my Pan adapters (one for each rig))
This technique is one of my Day to Day tools for DXing

Item 6b "Optimizing receive antennas – doing the work to “balance” signal
strength, such that an antenna that simply sounds louder is not mistaken
for actually being better."
may be more of a challenge, esp the part of ensuring an antenna works
better and does not just sound better.
Hopefully by the time HamCom comes I can fully address it
during my presentation to be given there and maybe later on for LCC

Anyone see some items they might be able to address ?

I see a bunch that I would love to learn more about,
maybe we can get Don AA5AU to give us more info on the Virtual multiop
practice
that he and and small group have been embraced during the RTTY WPX contest

Cheers!
steve
KG5VK