[LCC] Is it time for the Louisiana Contest Club to spread it's wings

Steve Lott lottsphoto at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 07:29:41 CST 2017

Or can we get more people motivated and active ?

​One of the biggest challenges of our organization as I see it is
getting everyone together

We have many members but rarely do we have more than a half dozen at a
meeting, the exception last year was at the SARA HamFest we had about 24
folks there, maybe more

What I propose has been brought up once before....

let's build and embrace a public virtual place for members and guest to
congregate

This idea for some reason was not widely accepted last time I mentioned it,
 maybe now is the time ?

BTW there are many successful clubs that have done this
here are just a couple of examples....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1576440742579802/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1576440742579802/
​
I propose an OPEN FB page
is an open FB that scary ?

Those that embrace only a closed page limit visibility
like the St Louis, MO amateur Radio club that is closed and has only 21
members    21 members is pretty small for St Louis !
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710274999234372/

If NOT a FB page then maybe a Blog
like this one..........
http://sdxa.blogspot.com/

or something else ?

How about meetings at members stations on contest week-ends ?
not just a handful of ops ONCE a year, I want to see our organization grow !

What is wrong with that, are we not a contest club ?

OR what about some virtual online Multi-OP entry's
in contest that allow them
ask AA5AU about his journey with a team into doing this

I know there are less than a handful that play most Wednesday's for an Hour
in the CW OPS Cw test
it is fun and you don't have to be a QRQ op to play

Ask Marsh KA5M, Dallas K1DW or myself for more info
on the weekly CW test sessions

Not a CW op then what about a group of us playing in the Phone Fray each
Tuesday night
and no I am not saying every Tuesday

Or what about using my station for a week via remote
and your station next week via remote control
easily done ask Scott W5WZ and remoting a station

What I am saying is let's generate some ACTIVITY !!!
otherwise we will be the club that was

*Or maybe LCC is not broken and it is just me, but I am concerned*

Cheers!
Steve
KG5VK

http://www.KG5VK.com