[LCC] I had so much fun doing my Low band DX receive antenna presentation at HamCom I am prepping...

Steve Lott lottsphoto at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 16:28:15 CDT 2016

I had so much fun doing my presentation at HamCom this year
that I was thinking what would my topic be for next year ?

your thoughts...........

which of the following presentations would you prefer to sit in at a ham
fest.......

*  Software Tools for today's Ham Radio OP
   (A fast paced look at Logging software, EZNEC, Sim Smith, Yagi Design,
ClubLog, Rverse Beacon Net,Propagation tools etc)

*  HFTA , In Depth look and how much simpler it is to use thanks to K6STU
(Mark K5ER and Scott W5WZ would probably be better at this one)

*  An example of "Why SWR will Fool You"
   A simple ground mounted vertical with a few radials and a ground rod =
nice swr
   better performance with 62 radials and the ground rod will give you poor
swr   (proof why swr will lead you down the prim rose path)
   Yes !  The impedance does matter and often the impedance at the antenna
being Less than 50 ohms is better,
   R J zero x is more important than swr any day
   you want 1:1 use a damn dummy load !!!

*  Getting started in contesting
    Who wants to play ?   Yes an invitation to You,  from KG5VK
    Mostly a motivational invite to some of the most fun you will have with
your clothes on
    How contesting can help you in times of disaster more so than anything
else,  short of ARRL FD
    after all is not FD a contest sport ?

*  The Art of working Split
    Use of today's technology and your brain to figure out where you should
next call the DX station
    In other words there really is a method to the madness of working the
DX while using split

*   Some other topic you can think of ????

Cheers!
steve
kg5vk

http://www.KG5VK.com