[LCC] Fwd: [DrakeRadio] Hamvention for 2017?

marsh at ka5m.net marsh at ka5m.net
Fri Jul 29 16:07:58 CDT 2016

The Hamvention will go on.

Dayton Hamvention® 2017 Venue Announcement

By KE4WLE, Webmaster 07/29/2016

Event Information No Comments

The Dayton Amateur Radio Association (DARA) regrets to inform our many vendors, visitors and stakeholders that, unfortunately, HARA has announced the closing of their facility. We have begun execution of our contingency plan to move Hamvention® 2017 to a new home.

DARA and Hamvention® have enjoyed many successful years working together with HARA Arena and we wish the Wampler family the best.

DARA and Hamvention® have been working on a contingency plan in the event HARA would become unavailable. We have spent many hours over the last few years evaluating possible locations and have found one in the area we believe will be a great new home! Due to logistics and timing issues, we will make a formal announcement introducing our new partner. This information will be coming soon. We all believe this new venue will be a spectacular place to hold our beloved event. Please rest assured we will have the event on the same weekend and, since it will be in the region, the current accommodations and outside events already planned for Hamvention® 2017 should not be affected.

We look forward to your continued support as we move to a new future with The Dayton Hamvention®.

Ron Cramer
General Chairman
Dayton Hamvention 2017

  <https://go.madmimi.com/assets/outlook_fixer.gif>