[LCC] NELA Hamfest Update

Scott Dickson, W5WZ w5wz at w5wz.com
Fri Mar 20 06:16:40 CDT 2015

  _____

From: La_hams [mailto:la_hams-bounces at w5la.net] On Behalf Of Jim Ragsdale
Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2015 4:56 PM
To: jim at w5la.net
Subject: NELA Hamfest Update

We are six weeks away from our Northeast Louisiana Hamfest in Monroe, LA,
and things are progressing well.  We should have our concessions menu ready
soon and we will send it out to you as soon as it is complete.

We have three forums scheduled: ARRL Update, Louisiana Contest Club, and
KH2DF will bring a program on Digital operation.

We plan to have an HF rig on-the-air for any who would like to get on while
at the 'fest.  It will also be a good demonstration of KC5WA, R.C. Conley's
Buddy Stick antenna.

We'll have a radio-controlled airplane you can practice flying on a
computer.  Let's see how good you are!

VE testing will be handled by KB5YEG, Carlos Ingram.  Come on and get that
license or upgrade that you have been wanting.

There are 14 flea market tables still available.  If you want to come and
sell your wares, go to http://w5la.net/tables/ and fill out the form to
reserve your table.

There will be hourly door prize drawings.  At 9am, 11am and 1pm a Baofeng
UV5R will be one of the door prizes (must be present to win).  The grand
prize drawings for an MFJ 259C Antenna Analyzer, an Icom ID-51A VHF/UHF
handheld, and an Icom IC-7200 HF/6M transceiver will take place at 2pm (do
not have to be present to win the grand prizes).

Looking forward to a great time of camaraderie with all our ham radio
friends through out the region.

Let me know if you have any questions.

73, Jim W5LA