[LCC] K5ER 2E Field Day summary

Mark Ketchell k5er at arrl.net
Sun Jun 28 23:52:53 CDT 2015

14      USB     464        464
21      CW      116        232
21      USB     781        781
28      CW      2            4
28      USB     33          33
Total  Both    2116      2622

Score : 5,244 (pre bonus points)

Soapbox:
To the families of host/home stations (Field day, SS and other
contests), who cook, clean, wash and otherwise tolerate our obsession
to this hobby, I offer my utmost thanks and gratitude!  Zo, Becky,
Lorraine, Connie, Sharon, Pat and others I haven't met yet, thanks
for making this fun for all of us who play radio.

This year's FD at K5ER had only three Ops, but we had a great time.
Bobby, WM5H was only about a dozen Q's away from making 1000 Q's by
himself. Marsh, KA5M and I each contributed our part and ran the qso
count up to 2116. For the competitive types, this is almost a 37%
increase over the highest Louisiana point total from 2014.

Since 1987, I have either participated with the local club or hosted
a small group myself for Field Day each year. This year was one of
the most fun I remember. We all got plenty of op time and worked well
together. I'll even go public and let everyone know that Marsh
actually LIKES N1MM logging software now.