[LCC] Fwd: NAQP SSB Team Registration: LCC Mudbugs

Mark Ketchell k5er at arrl.net
Mon Aug 17 23:05:33 CDT 2015

Hi Guys,
      Well, we did form a team for the NAQP, ssb edition,. Those
stepping forward to be on the team were: Marsh, KA5M; Steve, KG5VK;
Bobby, WM5H; Pat, W5WMU; and myself.

      LAST time, I pushed the limit and although MY clock still
showed 2 minutes remaining, the web site wouldn't accept my team
registration. To make sure we made it this time, I sent in the
registration FRIDAY NIGHT, but I made two critical errors. When I
talked to Pat, W5WMU, I neglected to realize he would be at his Maine
contest station, and running as W1WMU, so I registered the wrong call.

      Second mistake was, I didn't let my wife know that I planned to
run the contest. Unknown to me, she had agreed to keep the grandkids
Saturday afternoon through night, but was feeling a little under the
wx, so WE got to keep them. Great kids, but still short attention
span, so that pretty much killed much more than a very casual attempt.

      Sorry I couldn't do more for the team, but during the time I
was able to be on, I had fun and logged 151. Next time, I'll be sure
to plan better.

73,
Mark