[LCC] Expectations of DXpeditions

Marshall-K5QE k5qe at k5qe.com
Tue Apr 7 15:23:56 CDT 2015

Hello to everyone in the LCC.....I just got back from a two week
DXpedition to the Falkland Islands.  It was quite an interesting trip
and we DID show the world how to do it.  We worked 336 contacts of which
325 were uniques.  We had a private chat room(widely announced and open
to anyone that was interested in what we were doing). The conduct on the
chat room was exemplary....no whining, no crying, no bad conduct at
all.  Everyone was very eager to work us and everyone got their chance.
During the time that we were there, very few stations that wanted us
were not worked.

We used 4 x 2M9SSB, an Icom 7000, and an M2 2M1K2 amplifier.  I guess
that equipment list gives us away....we were working 2M EME using JT65b
and we had a lot of fun.  At one time, I counted 22 stations calling me
at the same time--all in less than 1KHz with no interference and no
problems.  We did work one CW contact as a special favor.

Cost for all this was about $15K for the three of us that went. Very
reasonable, I thought.

BTW:  While not doing EME, Arliss-W7XU / VP8DXU worked 1602 CW contacts
on several HF bands and his wife Holly-N0QJM / VP8QJM worked 551 RTTY
contacts, also on various HF bands.  So, if you worked Arliss or Holly
on HF, thank you for that.

Right now, I am looking at a stack of envelopes with QSL cards inside
for the VP8DQE activation.  It really IS nice to be on the other end
occasionally.....

GL es 73 to all....

Marshall K5QE / VP8DQE