[LCC] Club Log some points on use.....

Steve Lott lottsphoto at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 07:42:00 CST 2014

Please remember I am not twisting arms for LCC members to use or even join
ClubLog
however if you signup
upload your adif log file to it
you will find some interesting things
some will surprise you

There is an excellent help file or FAQ page on clublog, you can also create
a help ticket
and if you desire just email me or Mark K5ER and we will take a glance and
if we can answer it no sweat, otherwise we might ask you to or we may fwd
your help request to their help desk

Club log is like a hammer
we must place a small amount of effort into it to get
the nails in place

we start after joining CluLog by converting our log to ADIF and uploading
it
then look at the data it shows compared to what our records show in LOTW etc

*your DXCC counts will probably look Off*
and that is the beauty of data mining allowing us to see
either defects in our log like East Germany was confirmed at the DXCC desk
but is not showing up right in club log
Because my log adif file had the date worked as 1998 when I worked them in
1989
before the fall of East Germany

If you have been doing DXCC awhile,
You will also find some (a few) countries as not verifiable for DXCC
esp if you have been doing this awhile (chasing DXCC)
simply forward your proof of that good contact to clublog
by use of digital photo of the front and back of the card and envelope or
any other written document you have

Currently we have Ten Members of LCC
signed up as using ClubLog

a few are showing Inactive in clublog, meaning it has been at least 12
months
since last upload of any data to clublog

here is the list.........

Membership List

*Tip:* You can sort the table by clicking the headings.
CallsignNameEmailAA5AUDon
Hillaa5au at bellsouth.netRemove<https://secure.clublog.org/dodelclubmember.php?userid=26103&clubid=166>
K5ENSKeith Enniskeith at kathyandkeith.mxRemove<https://secure.clublog.org/dodelclubmember.php?userid=26095&clubid=166>
K5ERMark Ketchellk5er at arrl.netRemove<https://secure.clublog.org/dodelclubmember.php?userid=17942&clubid=166>
K5FNQArthur D. Moutonk5fnq at lusfiber.netRemove<https://secure.clublog.org/dodelclubmember.php?userid=7164&clubid=166>
KA5MMarshall G Stewartmarsh at ka5m.netRemove<https://secure.clublog.org/dodelclubmember.php?userid=20569&clubid=166>
KC5WARobert W. Conleyrc.kc5wa at gmail.comRemove<https://secure.clublog.org/dodelclubmember.php?userid=16804&clubid=166>
KG5VKSteven Lott
Smithkg5vk at arrl.netRemove<https://secure.clublog.org/dodelclubmember.php?userid=1498&clubid=166>
KN5OTed Sabakn5o at bellsouth.netRemove<https://secure.clublog.org/dodelclubmember.php?userid=1511&clubid=166>
NA5QRoland Guidryrguidry at na5q.usRemove<https://secure.clublog.org/dodelclubmember.php?userid=17741&clubid=166>
WB5AAAJIm barronwb5aaa at windstream.netRemove<https://secure.clublog.org/dodelclubmember.php?userid=12402&clubid=166>
WM5HRobert C Bakerrobert.baker at opso.netRemove<https://secure.clublog.org/dodelclubmember.php?userid=11801&clubid=166>Note
about hidden calls

Any callsigns in light purple are hidden from leagues; usually, due to
being inactive for 12 months or more, but possibly by choice of the
callsign's owner. For more information click
here<http://clublog.freshdesk.com/solution/categories/59695/folders/97594/articles/53209-why-is-my-callsign-hidden-from-the-leagues-or-log-search-tools->
.

Next here is some discussion that users may find helpful or mind boggling,

I am hoping more useful than mind bending.....
The only time clublog needs a photo or scan of a card (front and Back)
is to add a new entity to their database

If someone was in EA5 operating portable with a stateside call
in the 1970's (illegal unless specific written permission was obtained) and
you worked him and got a card.....

That contact itself would be questionable because there were no such
portable operations during that time
from Spain, unless he had express written exception to operate back then
then they (clublog) would need to see some tangible proof of that operation
to build what is called an exception for that accreditation

For paper QSL's that the league DXCC desk or field checkers have awarded
you credits
all you need is it that QSO itself not the card to show up in your uploaded
ADIF file

so in my logging software I add all of my "Off line QSO's" to my electronic
log
since I have thousands of those Q's before I started electronic logging
I just used the QSL's and only added them to my electronic log

now they get uploaded just like the current contacts in my log

Verified QSO's is done automatically with some logging tools
I use DXLab software suite  DXKeeper is the log tool in this suite
If I download a report from LOTW and import it to DXKeeper

then do another adif file export and upload to clublog
my credits that are awarded at arrl show up as Verified in clublog

I Have never manually marked any of my contacts in clublog

Steve
KG5VK