[LCC] Planning for LCC fun in 2015

Scott Dickson, W5WZ w5wz at w5wz.com
Wed Dec 3 22:48:55 CST 2014

Really, this is me brainstorming via the fingertips.

What if we allowed members of the LCC to operate with the N5LCC call during
the year, and then somehow incorporated the resulting QSOs into the LAQP as
bonuses, even thought these QSOs did not take place during the contest
period?  I am thinking that we could do N5LCC/<parish abbreviation>.  We
could even do a "worked N5LCC in all parishes" award.

OR

We could do a fixed number of N5LCC/# during the running of the LCC, and a
QSO with a single N5LCC/# station gets 100 points bonus, but a sweep of QSOs
with all the N5LCC/# stations gets a times 10 bonus or something else, like
an additional multiplier(s)?  For the purposes of the contest, we could
randomly assign the /#, and do it kind of like WRTC, that no one knows which
op has which call.  Then for log checking and scoring, we could go back to
the original call.  For example, operate as N5LCC/8 = W5WZ, & N5LCC/0 =
KG5VK.  The in-state results would list N5LCC/8 (@W5WZ), etc.

OR

Does anyone think it would be possible to put 16 parishes on the air
simultaneously, and do it 4 times during the year (16 different parishes
each time), so that in the 4 events all 64 parishes have been activated?

Okay, fingers tired now.  Now you other guys let the creative juices flow
and put in your 2 cents worth!

--Scott, W5WZ

  _____