[LCC] LCC Nomination period open

Mark, K5ER k5er at k5er.com
Wed Oct 23 23:16:49 CDT 2013

Ladies and Gentlemen,
	Pursuant to the bylaws of our club, its now time for nominations and
then election of officers for the next year. Typically, we start
nominations at a meeting. Because of distance, our bylaws allow
online participation. After nominations, we have a period of online
voting, then we tally all electronic voting and add these to a live
vote at the next meeting. Because of a hamfest cancellation, we have
to adapt for this year.
Current officers for 2013 are:
President - Charlie, N5WE
Vice Pres - Steve, KG5VK
Sec/Treas - Scott, W5WZ
Director - Marsh, KA5M
Director - Ted, KN5O

	Nominations opened at the Pineville meeting, and we now have a two
week period where PAID MEMBERS may go to the club web site, click on
the scrolling header, and make nominations. When this period closes,
the page will change to a VOTING page, showing those who were
nominated. Members are then asked to log on again to cast their vote.
The Nomination.Election committee will tally all votes and inform the
club of the results. This committee consists of three members who are
NOT running for any office. They are, Roland, NA5Q; Jim, N5LSP; and
Mark, K5ER. Although not required, any member may nominate someone to
stand for election for office. We ask you to consider that they
should be active in club activities, and available to travel to make
a majority of club meetings. Please make sure that someone would
agree to serve before you nominate them. As a board member since the
club was formed, Charlie has informed us the he does not care to
serve another year. Although he has served several terms, Scott has
agree to handle our bookkeeping activities if the club so desires.

	Nominations made at the Pineville meeting were:
President - Steve, KG5VK
Vice President -
Sec/Treas - Scott, W5WZ
Director - Marsh, KA5M
Director - Ted, KN5O

	The club web site is N5LCC.com - look for the scroll at the top.

Thanks and 73,