[LCC] FW: JARTS AA5AU Single Op HP

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 20 22:46:28 CDT 2013

                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Radios: SO2R

   80:   24    10
   40:   46    27
   20:  199    48
   15:  413    87
   10:  323    74
-------------------
Total: 1005   246  Total Score = 641,814

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted in this one but conditions were very good and hard to stay away from the radio. Since I
wasn't able to do a full effort I went ahead and dusted off the cobwebs and fired up the amplifiers.

Very nice high band (10 & 15 meter) conditions. Best contact was VU2NKS on
15 meters. He was spotted on ten but I never heard him on that band. The MUF must have been very high because 20 was not very good
either day. The low bands were extremely noisy Saturday night (missed Friday night).

It's funny how I've been in what seems like hundreds of these RTTY contests and they still continue to be fun for me. Looking
forward to WAE. Hopefully I can do a full effort in that one and hope for conditions as good as we had this weekend.

Icom IC-756 PRO III - Ameritron amplifier 400 watts Kenwood TS-870 - Ameritron amplifier 400 watts

3-element SteppIR @ 45'
2-element SteppIR @ 35'
40 meter inverted vee @ 40'
80 meter inverted vee @ 40'