[LCC] LCC email reflector info

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Tue Jul 23 15:52:59 CDT 2013

Hi Charlie, et al,
         I agree, it's a little odd, but for those who don't work in the IT
world, lets look at two scenarios.

1.  I want to send a msg to the 40-something members on the reflector. I
simply send it to lcc at louisianacontestclub.org, and they all get it. Now if
you want to comment, reply, etc., you hit <reply all> and it goes to me and
back to the reflector (ie everyone who got the first message). This is
buried in the instructions, somewhere, but once you use it a couple of
times, it becomes second nature.

or

2. I want to send to the 40 something members, so I individually list you,
and Scott, and Steve, and several others PLUS lcc at louisianacontestclub.org.
This time the individual listee's get the message direct, but the reflector
tags it as spam and kicks it to the administrator. Now after getting a
daily nasty-gram from the reflector that something is odd, I log on and not
knowing who all got it individually, go ahead and approve the message,
which then goes to everyone on the reflector. Those who got the direct
messages now have two copies, and those not on the "direct list" are a day
or two late getting the message. Now, if you hit <reply all> those on the
reflector get a copy, and all those listed individually get TWO copies
(direct and through the reflector).

         To me, though certainly not flawless, #1 is far simpler. This is
why I really push for everybody to be on the club reflector. NOTE: I was
able to find a function regarding number of addresses in the "TO:" field
and bump it up. If anyone starts getting too many duplicate messages, I can
always change it back - just let me know.