[LCC] IARU effort

Marcel Livesay n5vu at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 14 10:41:24 CDT 2013

First off, I search and I pounce.
Why?
	1. Being slightly hearing impaired, I'm fairly sure of call signs and exchanges. Most of the time I get it right the first time. But: Just in case,...
	2. I don't have to worry about neighbors showing up on either side of me. I AM the neighbor!
	3. I don't have to worry about loosing a slot when I have to go to the bathroom. (The older I get the worse that part gets.)
	4. I'm mobile. I can go to the big DX stations without having to wait and hope they come to me. If I can't get through, then I just click on the band map and come back later.
The down side of S&P
	1. Your forever watching your reflected power as you go up the band.
	2. Your always stopping every 50-75 KHz for adjustment.
	3. Of course, you don't get as many Q's.
Overall, in a nutshell:
Score: 86,355
Q's: 325
Time: 8.5 hours