[LCC] 2Tone vs. MMTTY

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Sun Feb 17 21:38:43 CST 2013

Don,
         Thanks for the thoughtful and detailed write-ups. Few of us would
have the patience to capture and compare that many screen shots, and take
detailed enough notes to sort them all out. Its obvious that you are
passionate about this mode, and have always been willing to share your
knowledge so others can experience the enjoyment. As a recent convert to
RTTY, I am certainly enjoying it, but you sure are making me work!
         I had only this past year added a 2nd monitor to my shack
computer. Its a good thing, since once I decided to jump on the rtty
bandwagon, I was determined to do rtty SO2R, like I do the other modes.
I've found that with big antenna, some signals are very strong, but
consequently, those in the nulls are often very weak. I had many over the
wpx rtty weekend that were difficult to copy, needing multiple times to get
enough print to insure the right exchange. Its great to know that there is
another decoder to use to enhance good copy. Looks like I need to install
TWO copies on my logging computer,  but the 2nd screen is only just so big.
so now I'll have to make the windows smaller. Can you recommend a good
optometrist who might help me to SEE the good copy??
         All kidding aside, thanks for helping me get my FSK set up for
so2r. Couldn't have done it w/o you pointing me in the right direction. Had
several distractions over wpx rtty weekend, but I'm learning and having fun.