[LCC] Sweepstakes Contest

Steve Lott lottsphoto at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 08:59:32 CST 2013

Roland,

It is a pretty deep discussion and I think much of it proves way to many of
our fellow OPS look for ways to manufacturer a win

Many of the ideas are within the rules, but are they within the spirit of
the sport.

To me winning has never been everything, I would much rather be third or
even way down the list and be admired versus frowned on for the way I
played the game

I feel many in our sport still feel that way
but times are changing and the small percent of those that find ways around
the rules or try and decide which rule is gray and does not need followed
are increasing
Which to me is a watering down and dilution of the true spirit of Ham radio

Being bored on Sunday during SS is part of the Game
that is why some enterprising amateurs decided to embrace SO2R
and it helps, make it more fun.

Cheers!

Steve
KG5VK