[LCC] nomination of officers

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Sat Sep 22 16:31:41 CDT 2012

Louisiana Contest Club members,

	Our By-laws call for election of officers to occur at the last scheduled
meeting of the year. This meeting will occur on Saturday, October 6 at the
Pineville meeting. Since we are a statewide club and so spread out, the
By-laws also allow members to exercise their voting right online. There
were NO nominations at the last meeting. On the club web site, there is a
scrolling message on the home page (n5lcc.com) with a link to a page to be
used for nominating someone for an officer's position. A window is open now
through Friday September 28. You may enter your selection of nominees, a
single position or all five.

	A committee consisting of three members who are not running for office and
the club secretary will receive notice of all nominees and a list those
nominated will be posted on Saturday September 29. The link will then
change to a page for you to VOTE for your selection of officers. The voting
window will run from September 29th through Thursday, October 4 at
midnight. The committee will confer that all received the same information,
and the ballots will be brought to the Pineville meeting and added to the
live votes at the meeting. New officers will be named and will take office
on January 1.

	We have a great club, and others across the country are noticing. Please
consider that this is OUR club. We need people who are at least somewhat
active in the hobby, who are aware of club activities, and who would make
an effort to attend club meetings (we only have 4 per year). This is not a
popularity contest. These officers will represent us and our club, and
should be willing to uphold the standards of good radio practice as well as
our by-laws.

President,
Louisiana Contest Club