[LCC] everyone okay?

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Sun Sep 2 22:09:54 CDT 2012

	While many of us who wear multiple hats were busy last week, we are still
concerned with our about our friends. I have spoken with several club
members and am happy to hear that we, as a group, had very few issues with
the hurricane. KN5O was without power and internet, but they were hoping to
have things restored soon. K1DW is okay and AA5AU is safe. I have seen
posts from KI5XP, who hasn't said there were any major issues in the
Lafayette area, and KG5VK was fine near Shreveport. No club members around
Monroe lost anything major, but one non club member, who had been inactive
for over 10 years lost a 60-70 foot R-25 to a falling tree clipping its
guys. It is now about 30 degrees from plumb, leaning against a stand of
pine trees. A number of us, myself included seem to have lost end supported
dipoles, but I purposefully use string that breaks before the wire or
center connection point, so mine is a ten minute fix to get a new string
over the tree. Hope everybody else fared well and will be ready for the
upcoming contest season.