[LCC] Finally, I'm on RTTY!

K1DW at aol.com K1DW at aol.com
Tue Jul 24 09:00:38 CDT 2012

Right on... good advice....  have fun on RTTY in both contesting and
DXing...  73 de Dallas k1DW

In a message dated 7/24/2012 7:52:36 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
cmorrison at lusfiber.net writes:

Read  Don's page, he's got great info.  I also know that since you're  a
tinkerer, you don't mind a soldering iron.  Get you a pack of  resistors,
some 1NNN transistors and build the FSK/PTT/CW circuit box that  Don has on
his page.  It's simple as pie and works.  It's what I  use every time I'm
out
at Pat's for Rtty keying.

There's tons of  discussion on the reflector both ways about which is
better,
afsk vs  fsk.  The filters in the radio work better than allowing the AGC to
be  overloaded on the receiver and relying on the software, period.  So  to
use it, you have to have key the radio using FSK.  It's worth the  time.  It
also avoids the confusion when leaving the NET setting on  and you
transmitting 10Khz off frequency.  :)

Get and learn to  use MMTTY, best rtty program out there, works like a plug
in to N1MM or  Writelog.

Copy Don's messages from the web page.

The two  things he has set up, rttycontsting.com and aa5au.com both have
pertinent  info.  One tells you about the circuits, the other gives you cut
and  paste contesting.  If it aint broke, don't fix it.  I still use most
of
his suggestions, cause they work.

Good luck, look forward to  seeing you on the air one day (if I ever make it
back  on).

Charlie
Ki5xp

LCC  mailing  list