[LCC] Hello to the LCC...

Marshall-K5QE k5qe at k5qe.com
Mon Jul 23 21:19:07 CDT 2012

I have tried to get some of the LCC members interested in VHF
contesting.  Ted-KN5O, has shown a lot of interest and has contested
here at the K5QE contest station many times.

Now I see that several LCC members have submitted their scores in the CQ
WW VHF contest.  That is great!!  I am happy to see the interest and the
activity.

Am I inside of the LCC "contest circle"??  I don't know where you have
put the pin for the LCC group.  I am in EM31cj.

I would love to see more activity on VHF from LA.  If any of you are
interested, we are always in need of good ops here.  This time we had to
run the entire contest with 4 operators.  That is a bit short and we
only had to cover 2 bands!!  We have a bunk room here with 6 beds and
Bill-N5YA has 8 beds at his HF contest shack, so once you get here,
there will not be expensive motel rooms to drain the budget.  Actually,
gas would be your primary expense......and we feed good....maybe too good.

Maybe there is some room for exploration here.  If LCC as a group is not
interested in VHF contesting, then maybe a few individuals might be
interested in participating.....whatever works.

The ball is in your court.....

73 Marshall