[LCC] Updates on KG5VK as of 9 July

Steve Lott lottsphoto at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 08:58:44 CDT 2012

To my friends

*Everything is pretty even keel right now.....
*
Some of you have probably heard of my recent ER trips
The first one on July 2nd and then again on the 4th
I was admitted for "Kidney Stone issues" on the 4th
and came home the 8th of July

A bit uncertain what the immediate future holds for me as my Kidney issues
are not yet resolved, the Doc led the wife and I to understand my issues
might be more than just Stones and that is all we know right now....

At this time and I have a follow-up appointment with the Urologist
within the next week

While in the hospital they did the usual test and came to the conclusion
that I needed surgery to remove a large Kidney stone
Once inside me they could not reach the stone as it was too high up
and could not be safely reached

I presently have a stint in which the Doc installed with hopes that it
would help this
stone "fall"

Mean while I am home on Light duty
The Doc specifically address no lifting
of anything greater than a carton of milk
iow No Ham Radio antenna work !

Which places a dampener on me getting my new 100 foot tower installed
any time soon, but since it is hotter than hell right now, maybe I will be
ready
to get back to work early Fall (I Hope)

Mean while I am still repairing my station from some lightning issues I had
just before ARRL FD, it's almost back to 100%
I still need to send in my MicroHam MicroKeyer 2 plus (SO2R) control box
and get a new Rotator control unit for the Main HF yagi's

FD was great this year with members from the Shreveport Amateur Radio
Association coming to my QTH for the event
We operated 2E with emergency power.
1077 Q's on Phone and 655 on CW
We collected bonus pints for copy of the ARRL Spec FD Bulletin

At times I feel almost 100%, almost
most of the time I am a bit "Daisey" as I am on pain killer and other drugs
that don't allow me to be the sharpest I could be.

Yesterday, I soldered a new PL-259 to one end of a pc of Coax I had in my
run to the antenna farm for the six meter beam we thought we might use
during FD
while we never saw any activity on 6 then (during ARRL FD), yesterday i
worked several stations on 6 and had a blast, even though I was in the pain
med fog

So for right now I look fwd to playing in this week-ends running of IARU
last year Don AA5AU and several other of are Louisiana Contest Club members
did really good, while my entry will be short stints at the rig I look fwd
to the camaraderie
of the on the air fun

I start teaching (a light load) next month
and we will see what the Kidney issues lead to

I promised Mark, K5ER help with getting some aluminum off the ground and
alas it appears I will not be able to come tru for him, so if anyone can
step up to the plate and help him
I as well as he would greatly appreciate it

I plan on seeing most of you at Ted's again in November so we can bring
home #1 in ARRL SS Phone this year and hope I am well recovered to join the
recent crew I joined at TI5N for our trip to PJ2T for ARRL DX Phone in 2013

I still hope to see my Buddie "Doctor Bob" K8KI during his trip to
Louisiana in November as well as many of you on the bands over the next few
weeks and months

Cheers!

Steve
KG5VK