[LCC] club year change?

Mark Ketchell k5er at arrl.net
Wed Oct 5 15:13:01 EDT 2011

Hello Members,
	At the last two meetings, the subject of moving the "club year" to
coincide with a calendar year has been brought up. Currently, the club year
runs from July 1 through June 30. For many, having things fall in the
middle of the year makes it is hard to remember whether they paid dues or
whether they owe. Some have paid twice in a year and some mistakenly allow
theirs to lapse. To help alleviate the confusion, we are asking members to
vote on whether to make a change or not. Several have suggested that it
would be far easier to just have it run January 1 to December 31

	It was decided at the meeting that IF we do this, it would be fairest to
simply give a 6 month extension onto everyone's current membership. The
current board's term would also be extended by 6 months.

	Since this change would require a change in the club's by-laws, it has to
be voted on by the entire club. For LCC members, please click the link
below to cast your vote on whether to change the by-laws and the club year,
or whether to leave it alone. Results from this online ballot will be added
to live votes at the Pineville meeting on October 8, and the results will
be publicized.

http://louisianacontestclub.org/ballot_enter.htm

Thanks,
Mark, K5ER