[LCC] Antenna Analyzers - what do you use?

Don AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Fri May 27 11:40:11 EDT 2011

I purchased a RigExpert AA-54 earlier this year and love it!  It's handheld and does everything that I need and more.

Not only will it scan any range you need within 0-54 mHz (the less expensive AA-30 goes to 30 mHz), it will scan three different frequency segments at the same time if you were to use it to check a tribander.

With the software that comes with it, you can store graphs on your computer through the built-in USB port and look back to see what your antenna was like at an earlier time, etc.

I did some screenshots of the graphs that are produced by AntScope software that comes with the analyzer when I was converting a KT36 to a KT34.  You can see these graphs here:

http://aa5au.com/antennas/kt34m2/kt34m2_swr_scans_110206.html

73, Don AA5AU