[LCC] W5WZ IARU

Scott Dickson, W5WZ w5wz at w5wz.com
Sun Jul 10 20:29:34 EDT 2011

  IARU HF World Championship

Call: W5WZ

Operator(s): W5WZ

Station: W5WZ

Class: SO Mixed HP Assisted

QTH: LA

Operating Time (hrs): 10:27

Radios: SO2R

 Band  CW Qs  Ph Qs  Zones  HQ Mults

-------------------------------------

  160:    0      1      1       0

   80:    0      1      1       0

   40:   21     91     12      15

   20:   25    545     23      21

   15:   21     35     14       9

   10:    1      1      2       0

-------------------------------------

Total:   66    674     53      45  Total Score = 201,684

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Lots of fun!  Decent rates, good DX, even some new ones for me.  I had only
planned for about 4 hours operating in this one, as it turned out I got
almost half of the time period.  Actually focused and worked on my SO2R
skills more than in most contests.  Even did separate modes on each
radio-that was a challenge!  A successful event!

Unfortunately, I've shot myself in the foot.  OUCH!!!!!

First, I didn't read the rules closely enough, and operated SOAB HP Mixed
Assisted.  That forces me to be reclassified as a M/S.  Not catching that
item in the rules causes the second goof.

Second, I did not adhere to the M/S band change time limit, rather I
switched bands at leisure.

So, my mistake causes me to submit my log as a check log.  This lesson won't
soon be forgotten!

--Scott, W5WZ