[LCC] LAQP this weekend

Mark Ketchell k5er at arrl.net
Thu Feb 10 12:49:51 EST 2011

Hi Guys,
         In addition to the CQ WPX RTTY, the Louisiana QSO Party is this
Saturday, from 9:00 AM until 9:00 PM local time. Rules can be found at:
http://www.qsl.net/kd5wdy/LAQSO_/laqso_.html.  Links to Parish
abbreviations, sample log and summary sheets and more are available at the URL.

         At least 6 hardcore rovers will be participating, and plans are to
activate all 64 parishes, so if you are a County/Parish hunter, this will
be a good chance to get them.

         For N1MM users, we have been working with the sponsors and the
N1MM team to update things. A special thanks to John, K3CT, for all the
effort in making sure it scores everything correctly. The newest release,
supporting the current rules is 11.02.02, placed on the N1MM website
2/10/2011. It now looks like it does "almost" everything, including
automatically adding in the 100 point one time bonus if you work the
sponsoring club station, W5YL. A neat feature for rovers (must be in
Louisiana), is typing "roverqth" in the callsign field, which opens a
pop-up box where you type the new Parish(county) abbreviation in. A macro
at the top of the entry box shows your new "qth", and you just keep logging
them. Very fast and easy. Instructions are on page 42 of the manual. What
it doesn't do, for rovers, is automatically add the 50 point bonus per
activated Parish. Don't forget that on your summary sheet. For the 13 (I
think) Canadian Provinces and Providences, and most DX, it automatically
pulls the QTH from the callsign. Of course, you can type over if someone is
"out of area". The other thing it doesn't do, is pull a list of mults into
the summary file, but that's easy enough to do yourself as well.

         I haven't replaced the VHF antenna(s) yet, but my station will be
on full time on the HF bands from Ouachita (OUAC). I know its a Qso Party
and not a "real" contest, but with the more laid back atmosphere, it is a
great time to invite a "newbie" contester over and let them get their feet
wet. Hope to see lots of you guys on the air

President, LCC