[LCC] I need a recommendation from the group on estimates ofrepair antenna damage for insurance

Scott Dickson, W5WZ w5wz at w5wz.com
Thu Aug 25 19:42:39 EDT 2011

Steve et al:

In May 2009, I had a lightning strike that caused enough damage that I did
file it on my homeowner's insurance.  They pretty much accepted the
replacement costs I submitted to them with documentation of the source of
the prices.

In your case where there is also going to be labor involved, there was
recently a thread on Tower-Talk reflector with lots of advice for estimating
and recovering tower/antenna losses via homeowner's insurance.

I'd say that thread was within the last 3 to 4 months.

You could contact our friends at Hudson Valley Tower (W2RE and WW2DX) for a
labor estimate.

Replacement antenna costs are easily obtained from current retail items.

--Scott, W5WZ