[LCC] LCC. I need a recommendation from the group on estimates of repair antenna damage for insurance

Don AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 25 16:20:18 EDT 2011

Steve, sorry to hear about the wind damage.  It's hard to estimate the repair costs other than to come up with replacement costs if the antennas/tower is not available anymore.  It will be up to your insurance company to figure it out.

We had straight line winds here in Harvey on March 29 this year at 100 MPH according to the National Weather Service.  It was very scary.  I thought both my Rohn 25 towers were going to blow over.  One of the guy anchors on the 60' tower came out of the ground about 9" but did not come all the way out.  I was able to install another ground anchor immediately after it stopped raining and have since installed a 2.5" double walled galvenized pipe in 900 lb of concrete to support the tower on that side.

See http://aa5au.com/antennas/wind110329/winddamage.html

73, Don AA5AU