[LCC] contests this weekend

Mark Ketchell k5er at arrl.net
Wed Aug 17 10:51:29 EDT 2011

Hi Guys,
         We have two excuses to stay out of the heat and in the chair this
weekend.

         First is the NAQP SSB. This one runs from 1PM Saturday until 1AM
Sunday(local times). Single operators can only run 10 out of the 12 hours.
Complete rules are available at: http://ncjweb.com/naqprules.php . A pdf
version is available from that page. This is a fun, fast paced event and
multipliers are BY BAND, so you'll likely have requests to QSY. The
exchange is easy, your name and state, so most members should be able to
get it right.
         This contest allows individual, club and TEAM competition. Teams
can be up to 5 individuals (multi's aren't eligible for team
participation). RC, KC5WA was the first to ask to be included on a team. So
lets see just how many teams we can field - yes this is a challenge for
club members to get on the air and participate. Teams must be registered
before the start of the contest, so I'll do that Saturday morning. So who
wants to play??

Name            Call            Full/Part time
Mark            K5ER            full
RC              KC5WA   full
??

         The second event is the CW OPEN, sponsored by cwops.org. Several
LCC members are members of this organization, and would like to see other
LCC members participating. Complete rules are available at:
http://www.cwops.org/cwopen.html .This event is split into three short
sessions, each acting like an individual contest, plus a combination of all
three. Teams of 10 are encouraged. Anybody want to be cheerleader and team
registrar for this event?