[LCC] ARRL SS SSB Weekend

Ted Saba kn5o at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 22 16:27:39 EST 2010

My VistaPrint Electronic Business CardHi Guys:

Rather than continue with the long thread, thought I'd open a new one..

Anyway, thanks to Mark, Scott and the rest of the gang for the great
feedback and comments.. I think we ALL worked hard at this contest,
even though the bands were not in the best of shape.  I heard Scott
W5WZ running them as well as KG5VK (not sure who was at the
mike Sunday on the low end of 20M 14161 I think).  Good going
guys!

Looks like W6YI  will take the Multi-Op title for another year. And I'm
not getting any younger.  I'd like another serious shot at that someday.

And it can be done.

FYI, if you look up on the ARRL web site back to the year 1975, you will
see that W5GAD won the Multi-Op title.. Primarily do to two key reasons:
1st, we had a 4 ele 40M Yagi in the days when that was a RARE
commodity. And 2nd, only one or two other active LA hams during that
contest period.  The W5GAD ops then were Nick Tusa (K5EF/WA5RMC)
and me (KN5O/WA5OZH), with WA5UJX (Dean) as support.  We blew
up three AMPs and a transmitter during that contest.  What fun!

So if there is any interest in a title shot, let me know as the planning would
need to start soon for next year.  If not, then thanks for letting me dream!

Best to all of you for this Thanksgiving holiday and I wish you health and
happiness in the coming holiday season.

73,
Ted
KN5O