[LCC] congrats / team competition

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Tue Nov 2 01:40:17 EDT 2010

Hi Guys,

	Looks like some nice scores out of our club member's stations for CQWW
ssb. Congrats to some really nice efforts from the multi op stations at
W5WZ and W5RU, as well as SO's from W5WMU (W5XZ op), K5ENS, and KC5WA.
Heard Pat was in Lubec, but haven't heard how he did yet. Anybody else have
some scores to post to the reflector?

	Being busy with the tower project, I totally forgot about forming teams
for the extra competition, but with the multi's gaining in popularity, not
sure we had enough single op stations for over one team anyway. Will try to
do better in the future.

	With that in mind, it looks like I will be tied up the entire weekend of
the CQWW CW contest (Nov 27-28). Who plans to participate, and do you want
to go ahead and start forming teams now (no mileage requirement on teams)?
Would anyone like to step up and volunteer to do the team submittal just
before the contest? If so, you can respond to the reflector, or direct to me.

	Between now and CQWW CW, we have both the CW and SSB weekends of the ARRL
November Sweepstakes. I know KG5VK is planning a multi-op effort for the
ssb weekend. Who else has plans to be on either weekend. Anybody planning a
multi and need extra ops? Anybody wanting to participate at a multi and
looking for a group to join? Let's keep the momentum going and put lots of
LOUISIANA stations on the air for each and every contest of the season. And
by all means, if you participate, please send in your log, and make sure
you have "Louisiana Contest Club" clearly marked in the log.

73 and see you on the air,