[LCC] W5WMU (W5XZ Op) 40m single band...

Dan Edward Dba East edwards dan.n.edwards at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 1 10:43:05 EDT 2010

old timer entry, shooting at record from 5th call area on 40 phone:
595 QSO's, 33 zones, 97 countries...condx pretty good, but seemed 'strange'...no KL7 or UA0 ???
the country count is 'iffy', as I am not certain at all that the WriteLog country database has all the PJ revisions...
will it break the record? who knows ?????  the 'stackmatch' was not switching theantennas properly, so Sat nite K5LC helped me disconnect it and hard wirethe 3 yagis to a coax switch...no combos, but at least i could get thedirectivity needed on a VERY crowded 40m band.
Pat put back up an old KLM 4el 40 at 100' for me, but it rotated with a rope.did work ZS5IE on longpath at 10:00 am sunday with it ( !!!!!!!!! ). combinedwith the old DXEngineering 3 el full size at 140' fixed on europe, and the2 / 2 shorty forty stack at 100' / 200' fixed on JA, it was NICE....
thanks to Pat for letting me work the test from the 'super station' while hewas in Maine...73, W5XZ, dan