[LCC] Fw: multi op for arrl ssb at W5WMU

Dan Edward Dba East edwards dan.n.edwards at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 1 11:34:15 EST 2010

--- On Mon, 3/1/10, Dan Edward Dba East edwards <dan.n.edwards at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: Dan Edward Dba East edwards <dan.n.edwards at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: multi op for arrl ssb at W5WMU
To: "lcc-request at louisianacontestclub.org" <lcc-request at louisianacontestclub.org>
Date: Monday, March 1, 2010, 10:29 AM

I've been asked...
first off, I personally can NOT come....BUT...
we DID make top ten last year in multi-2 on ssb.
so far, we are in 6th place on cw this year in multi-2...with only THREE operators...
I think it would take at least 3 people to turn in a decent multi-??; ifyou can go 48 hours with only a few 2 hour naps.....more ops, better, less tiring..
Pat has a fantastic station. I always feel better when i get under those 200' towers...the antenna 'menu' is remarkable, and getting better...
for example, a 2 hi stack of  kt34-xa's, fixed on the south pacific, at about 70and 110'...'just in case a multiplier shows up'..........
73, w5xz,
 dan